How to improve your child's eyesight?
Created by Dr Sunita Choudhary Updated on Nov 25, 2021
Children these days are wearing specs from the age of 5 years because there are exposed to all the gadgets that are not good for their eyes. We know that the use of gadgets need to be cut down and these preventive measures should be taken to avoid weak vision in your child.
8 Steps To Improve Your Child's Weak Vision
Here are 8 easy steps that will help your child in improving his or her vision.
- Nutrition: Green leafy vegetables like spinach and broccoli, yellow vegetables like papaya and pumpkin as well as carrots are good for eyesight.Fish and eggs are also healthy for eyes so you can include this in your child’s diet to ensure healthy eyesight
- Exercise: encourage your child to play outdoors so that muscles responsible for far vision can develop. Indoors you can make her focus on finger or pencil tip. Moving eye clockwise and anticlockwise also strengthens eye muscles
- Hydration: Keep your child hydrated and encourage your child to wash his or her eyes regularly so to avoid any infections
- Massage: While massaging your child’s feet before sleep to enhance vision is a good idea don’t let them massage their eyes as it can worsen the situation and make their eyes dry
- Let them take frequent breaks: Whether it is during study or reading a book or even on a gadget ensure that your child frequent breaks where he or she gives ample enough rest to his or her eyes
- Trick the eye: Yes, ask your child to focus on a thing that is 20 feet away, for 20 seconds 20 minutes every day and let them feel the difference
- Encourage your child to remove specs for 30 minutes at least: It is important for your child to reduce the dependency on the specs to improve your child’s vision. So ensure that he or she removes specs for at least 30 minutes to improve his or her vision.
- Lighting: Whenever or wherever your child sits for study ensure that the area is properly lit so that there is less strain on his or her eyes
Home Remedy To Improve Weak Eyesight
Here I am sharing a home remedy for weak eyesight for your child. Do follow this remedy step-by-step and see how your child’s vision improves gradually.
- Take 200 gm of almond, 50 gm fennel and 50 gm crystal sugar
- Grind all the above in a mixer
- Give 1 tsp every night with warm milk
- Fresh juice of carrots, amla and beetroot helps in removing specs
- Triphla an ayurvedic herb acts as an eye tone. You can give triphla like–
- Boil 1 tsp triphla in a glass of water
- Cool n strain it use this for washing eyes
Above mentioned remedies will definitely help you in keeping the eyes of your little ones strong. Please remember just like our other body parts our eyeball also grows till teenage. So one should be very particular in cutting short the screen exposure time and getting her close to nature. Watching green plants, flowers, walking on moist green grass are soothing for eyes. So help your young ones to take care of their eyes in the initial years of their life as they have to face bigger challenges in later life. Their health is in your hands so be very careful and supportive.
Did you like the blog on how to improve your child's vision through some easy steps? Share your views and feedback in the comments section below.
| Nov 07, 2017
Yes in this technosavvy age when it's difficult to cut down on screen time even for infant's who would just not budge and open their mouth if they don't get to see their fav cartoon or rhyme, this blog comes as a huge respite for parents. thanks for sharing this wonderful blog.. with handy tips on eye care.