Easy to Make Fun Breakfast Recipe Ideas
Created by Huda Shaikh Updated on Mar 19, 2021
Come summer and you start wondering about the breakfast ideas for your child, as he or she demands variety. Worry not as our Nutrition expert Huda Shaikh brings to you some exciting, and enticing breakfast ideas for your child that will lure even the pickiest of the picky eater.
Does your child refuse to have breakfast due to the heat? Has summer become an additional pain for you as a mommy? Then fret not. Here are some easy and healthy breakfast ideas which can simply spice up your child’s breakfast routine.
Amazing Breakfast Recipe Ideas
So steer clear of the age-old cereals and porridges and add some zing to the breakfast schedule of your little one with these amazing breakfast ideas. Excited? Then keep reading the list of new entries on the breakfast block...
- Fruit Yogurt Smoothies- If you want something filling, then smoothies could be one of the best options. A proper balance of protein, carbohydrates, and essential fats makes it a viable option for your little one. What would you need? Greek yogurt, plain milk/almond milk/soymilk, fruits like banana/apple/berries/mango/papaya/orange and a tsp of chia seeds/sunflower seeds and your tasty and healthy smoothie is ready.
- Whole wheat pancakes-Want to give your child a cereal but do not know how to prepare it in a different way? Then pancakes are surely a must try. All you need is whole wheat flour, oats, eggs, mashed banana, milk, and some vegetable oil. Prepare mini pancakes and smear them with little nutella/jam/honey/ peanut butter or almond butter. You can also top with up with berries, raisins, and cranberries.
- Mini cheese and egg muffins-If you are in a hurry and quickly wish your child a healthy breakfast then just prepare a batch of these cheesy egg muffins and place them in the refrigerator. Microwave these whenever needed. What’s best? It does not dirty your pan or your child’s hands. What would you need? Eggs, salt, pepper, herbs, cheese, and some milk.
- Fruity tortilla rolls-If you find it tough to feed fruits to your child, then this is the best way to incorporate it. Just spread some Greek yogurt/peanut butter/cream cheese or crumbled cottage cheese and add in your little one's favorite fruity combination. You can even use mashed fruits or pureed fruits and cut the tortilla into small bites.
- Shaped bread toasties- Want to give your little one bread with a little twist? Then use a cookie cutter to give it a different shape altogether. You can use whole wheat bread and then apply a dollop of yogurt/nut butter/home-made jam and add on some fruits or sprinkle nuts/pumpkin seeds/sunflower seeds.
- Fruit yogurt parfait- The simplest and healthiest option to go ahead with would be a parfait. Minimal ingredients and extremely innovative is why fruit yogurt parfait stands out among all. All you need is some yogurt, fruits, and granola to sprinkle on top. You can even drizzle some honey or maple syrup for a change. In case your child is small then use pureed fruits in place of chunks.
- Peanut butter/Nutella waffle sandwich-Is your child bored of the same bread sandwich? Then time to revamp it. Pick up some mini whole grain waffles from the supermarket and apply some peanut butter/Nutella, put in some slices of banana and your mini waffle sandwich is ready to eat. Make sure you give this once or twice in a week at the most.
- Nut and fruit bars-If your child is not a heavy eater and usually runs away from eating breakfast, then you can easily prepare nut bars at home. All you need is dates, few crushed walnuts, and grated coconut and chia seeds. You can also make your own variants using peanut butter, oats, and dried fruits.
Do you like these breakfast ideas? Please do try and share your views and feedback with us in the comments section below. We would love to hear from you.
Top Food and Nutrition Blogs
Top Food and Nutrition Talks
Top Food and Nutrition question