10 Hobbies For Your Pregnancy Period
Created by Nandini Muralidharan Updated on Jan 19, 2018
There are so many things that occupy your mind when you're pregnant – a good diet, going for your medical checkups, preparing your home for your baby's arrival, think of child care for when you get back to work…the list doesn't seem to end. However, thinking about these things 24/7 can result in high levels of stress. And you need something to unwind, something that will make you feel good. So why not take up a hobby? It could be something totally new, or something that you've always loved but haven't taken up in the recent times because of a hectic schedule.
10 Hobbies You Can Take Up When You're Pregnant
Pregnancy does impose a few limitations, and there are some things, which could result in physical stress. But there are a ton of hobbies you can take up that are fun and relaxing. Here are some ideas.
- Learn a language: Always been kicked about French? Why not enroll in a class and get started? Learning a new language is a great way to keep your brain cells ticking and it could prove useful sometime!
- Get artsy: If you've been the creative type from your younger days, it's time to get reacquainted with that paint brush. Art is a wonderful way to channel your energy, and it can be a refreshing change from your daily routine. Adult coloring books are another great option to give flight to your creativity
- Pregnancy journal or scrapbook: A good way to record your pregnancy journey is to maintain a scrapbook.
- Stick pictures of yourself and your partner – get goofy and creative. Take lots of photos and print them out. Write down little memories and anecdotes alongside the photographs.
- If you've got a picture from your ultrasound, stick it with the date written on the side.
- Knitting: Not everyone can knit a sweater with a beautiful reindeer pattern, but you can definitely start to learn if you're interested in knitting. It will not only creatively engage you, but you will also have some useful things for your little one at the end of it
- Blogging: If you have a pet subject that you'd like to write about, start a blog. It could be a cookery blog to share your family recipes with the world, or a fashion blog where you share your sartorial expertise
- Kitchen gardening: If you have green fingers, start your own kitchen garden. Read online, or get help from an expert on how to get started with growing basic herbs in your home. Coriander, mint, parsley, thyme and even several veggies can be grown right in your home. Fun, and healthy, right?
- Reading: This one can seem clichéd. But when you're lost in the pages of that novel you've been meaning to read for ages, it is bliss! Hours of uninterrupted reading – what's not to like? Better yet, pick up your childhood favorites and read aloud so that your baby can listen, too!
- Music: Whether it's vocal music or an instrument, if music has been your thing, pregnancy is a great time to pursue it. Not only does music relieve stress, but it can be wonderful for your baby, too
- Exercise: Prenatal yoga and other pregnancy-specific workout routines help you stay fit and healthy during this time. If you don't usually have an exercise regime, it is better to start slow. And make sure you check with your gynecologist before you take up any exercise
- Cooking or baking: For the love of food! Whether or not you're crazy about cooking, now is as good a time as any to learn some healthy cooking. There are tons of resources on the Internet, or if you prefer, cookbooks to learn from. Experiment with different flavors and spices. Take a baking class or a cake decoration class, too
Some custom error
Some custom error