11 month old will not take mothers feed

Hi All, My 11 month old son got cough and cold a while back and since then he does not take my feed but starts crying hysterically if i try While he still has a bit of stuffed nose, i am unable to understand this behaviour and don't know what to do. Please guide

• 9

Hi Monika, I tried that several times but just when he is in a feeding position and i tried an elevated position for him for easy of breathing he will just cry and not latch on

Monika Gaba

Hi, try putting 2-2 drops of Nasoclear in each nostril before feeding him. My daughter who is 4 months now had same problem and her doctor suggested this and it works for us.

That is a great idea Payal. Breastfeeding is so beneficial for your baby.. Hope you find a way to nurse him again. Please share the outcome. Good luck :)

Anurima, i am thinking of getting in touch with a lactation consultant as i am trying daily for the past week or more. i was nursing him till a week back

Dear Shikha, thank you for the advice will try that.

No Payal, my son too did not go back to nursing. I had to start him off on formula. I wonder why they do that? How long did you try to nurse him for? I tried for about a week and several times off and on after that but he just would not want to even go to the nursing position.

Dear Payal! We use nose for breathing . When' a child's nose is blocked, he will breathe from mouth. Since during nursing child's mouth is engaged in sucking ,child feels uncomfortable. So the best solution would be to express milk n serve it thru either spoon. It is advisable to unblock child's nose using lukewarm water n a pinch of salt. Put a drop in each nostril n child might sneeze thereby relieving stuffiness. u cud do this 3-4 times in a day before nursing. The child should be at an angle of at least 45 degrees or more while nursing which can be done by putting a hand or pillow underneath. U cud try giving hot soups, dal water as the child mite have difficulty in taking solid food. Hope this helps!

Thank you Anurima, he completed his course of anti biotics but will sure get him checked again. Did your son go back to nursing ? Mine just prefers bottle sadly now

Dear Payal. I had the same problem when my son was 10 months old. He was suffering from cough cold and fever and suddenly stopped nursing. He would cry if I tried to feed him. We took him to the doctor. He was diagnosed with a ear and throat infection, which explained his difficulty in eating or drinking. He was given a course of antibiotics. It could be that your son is uncomfortable when nursing. You could check with the doctor to see what is stopping him from taking your feed. Sometimes the problem could be deeper than it looks. The best option is for the doctor to rule out any other ailments. Hope this helps :)

Abt pee

my baby is 8 n half months old. from last 14 hours she dint pee. I'm worried. Is..

diet plan for 9 month baby

plz tell me what should I give to my baby at age of 9 months

feeding

less milk secretion

How to gain weight

My baby is 8 months old!i started rice bit dal,potato recently!what should I do..

feeding of six month old

hi moms... my 6 mnths old baby z nt taking khichadi due to its neutral taste....

watery motion

hai friends, my daughter is 7 nd 1/2 month old... yesterday I started giving ric..

wakes often in Night

hi my boy is 9 months old what can give in night to eat he wakes 2 to 3 times i..

Loose motions problem

Hi my baby girl is 10 months old and she gets loose motions whenever something i..