11 month old will not take mothers feed

Hi All, My 11 month old son got cough and cold a while back and since then he does not take my feed but starts crying hysterically if i try While he still has a bit of stuffed nose, i am unable to understand this behaviour and don't know what to do. Please guide

• 9

Hi Monika, I tried that several times but just when he is in a feeding position and i tried an elevated position for him for easy of breathing he will just cry and not latch on

Monika Gaba

Hi, try putting 2-2 drops of Nasoclear in each nostril before feeding him. My daughter who is 4 months now had same problem and her doctor suggested this and it works for us.

That is a great idea Payal. Breastfeeding is so beneficial for your baby.. Hope you find a way to nurse him again. Please share the outcome. Good luck :)

Anurima, i am thinking of getting in touch with a lactation consultant as i am trying daily for the past week or more. i was nursing him till a week back

Dear Shikha, thank you for the advice will try that.

No Payal, my son too did not go back to nursing. I had to start him off on formula. I wonder why they do that? How long did you try to nurse him for? I tried for about a week and several times off and on after that but he just would not want to even go to the nursing position.

Dear Payal! We use nose for breathing . When' a child's nose is blocked, he will breathe from mouth. Since during nursing child's mouth is engaged in sucking ,child feels uncomfortable. So the best solution would be to express milk n serve it thru either spoon. It is advisable to unblock child's nose using lukewarm water n a pinch of salt. Put a drop in each nostril n child might sneeze thereby relieving stuffiness. u cud do this 3-4 times in a day before nursing. The child should be at an angle of at least 45 degrees or more while nursing which can be done by putting a hand or pillow underneath. U cud try giving hot soups, dal water as the child mite have difficulty in taking solid food. Hope this helps!

Thank you Anurima, he completed his course of anti biotics but will sure get him checked again. Did your son go back to nursing ? Mine just prefers bottle sadly now

Dear Payal. I had the same problem when my son was 10 months old. He was suffering from cough cold and fever and suddenly stopped nursing. He would cry if I tried to feed him. We took him to the doctor. He was diagnosed with a ear and throat infection, which explained his difficulty in eating or drinking. He was given a course of antibiotics. It could be that your son is uncomfortable when nursing. You could check with the doctor to see what is stopping him from taking your feed. Sometimes the problem could be deeper than it looks. The best option is for the doctor to rule out any other ailments. Hope this helps :)

constipation

my 9 month boy suffer from constipation for last 2-3 days. any home remedies fo..

cradle cap

hai my baby is 2 1/2 months old. he has patches in his head. I think it is cradl..

baby teething

teething remedies

cough,cold... vomiting food

hi moms.. my baby s 11 months... since few days she s suffering with cold,cough...

my baby age 9 months not gaining weight

my baby was age of 9months he was 3. 1kg at the time of birth. now he was 7. 8kg..

baby development

baby apne aap trun KB krne lgte h

hii my 9mnyh boy baby has been suffering from cold n vomiting from yesterday nig..