snacking on junk food while watching TV

snacking on junk food while watching TV encourages unhealthy eating habits in kids The more TV kids watched, the more unhealthy food they ate. The problem is deeper than kids over-snacking out of boredom while sitting in front of the TV or computer. TV watching can set kids up for a deeper pattern of poor eating habits. When combined with lack of physical activity, this can cause obesity and serious health issues including type 2 diabetes, heart problems and sleep disorders.  

• 4

So true. We see our kids developing some habits but only when they become habits do we take notice.. by that time they have become conditioned. Great input by Ms. Sodhi. I do that even while we are going out. I have him eat something at home before we leave, so this cuts down on one serving of junk food - if we are going out for long. Otherwise they simply want to grab a pack of wafers and parents end up obliging. And then we can guiltlessly enjoy the pizza party.

Tanuja Sodhi

Kids eat mindlessly while watching TV & this becomes a pattern hard to break if we as parents don't intervene in time because the child gets conditioned to reach out for junk the moment she/he puts on TV everyday.... What worked in my child's case was- firstly, I cleared my kitchen cabinet of all junk and secondly, started giving him a healthy snack just before his TV time so that he lost the craving for junk at that particular time....

how?

I definitely agree with this ...all it takes is a little bit of discipline on the parents part and the kids end up getting the right impression on what is good for them and what is not ... we need to lead by example .....

ghutti ... is it good to give dabur jana..

Hi i have not started any ghutti to my baby ... is it ok to give dabur janam ghu..

Snacks

My Lil one is 1yr 5 months. She loves fresh cheese. Is tat Ok if I give fresh..

Feeding

Hello everyone my girl baby is in 4th month now by 5th month can I feed her cere..

Nutrition

Hi my baby is 8 months old. Can I give him egg yolk?

my 3years daughter not eating rice she like only jank foods becoze of it she l..

diet

hi.. , my son is 7months old and I want to feed almond and cashew . so plz sugge..

idly

what to mix with idly? my baby is 6months

idea to preserve milk while travelling i..

as I'm gonna travel for 4-5 hours, how can I carry milk safely?? as it is summe..