Yellow hands and feets

IS24

Hi My Son is 18 mths and have a yellow tint on his hands and feets and also some other parts of the body like his Stomach. Eyes is not yellow. He is off brest feed and is on formula milk around 5-6 oz a day. He is on soft food like Khichedi with vegitables , Naachni , Oats, Cereals , Dalia etc. One thing(not sure if thats unusual) observed is thats he drinks lot of water around 7-8 oz in an hr. Though the weather was a bit sultry and humid some days back but since last 3-4 days its cloudy and plesent still the water intake is the same . Just a bit worried if this is normal  

• 6

IS24

Hi Arundhati, As per Dr If you consume lots of carrot juice, yellow-orange vegetables or beta-carotene supplements, your skin may turn a yellow-orange shade, a condition called carotenosis. While carotenosis caused solely by drinking excessive carrot juice and eating vegetables is usually harmless.

Arundhati Pai Gupta

Hi Ira Srivastava, What was the issue? Did you visit the doctor? Did you know the reason ?

IS24

Yes dear you are right will check with dr soon

Geetika

Hi Ira Srivastava You should consult doctor instead of waiting for few days and observe. Its better to be on a safer side specially with kids health. :)

IS24

Hi Geetika I did read abt the excess intake of carrots and sweet potatoes on google,It develops when you consume excessive amounts of beta carotene rich food, such as carrots, sweet potatoes, squash, oranges and spinach, but somehow when i analyse his sweetpotato intake is zero as of since last 6-7 mths. Only thing from the list that he does take is carrot but thats just a small piece in his khichdi. Will try to stop that for few days and observe. Thanks for your inputs yaar

Geetika

Hi Ira , It's probably from eating lots of carrots, sweet potatoes. My baby also turned orangey, yellow and that's what it was from. It was especially noticeable in the diaper area but a little yellow all over. To be on a safer side,Consult this issue with the doctor.

one to one chat with parent

is there any field in patent lane where we can chat with a fellow parent one to..

receipe

hi pls suggest some recipe for my 13 months old baby

thumb sucking

my 2yr 3months old daughter takes thumb please help

vaccine @ 18Months

what vaccination to be given at 18 months to the child. please share if anyone k..

Health

My son vivan is now 14 months old. His weight is approx 9. 5. Is this right for..

Thumb problem

My son is 2 years old and he puts thumb in his mouth round the clock Tried diffe..

Slapping

my baby is one year old. she started slapping and pulling hair of others wheneve..

winter care

now in udaipur temp 9-7,deg. how to protect my daughter?