3 Delicious Egg Recipes To Tempt Your Picky Eaters
Created by Priya Mankotia Updated on Feb 08, 2020
The much-loved comfort food and hugely versatile egg has always been popular. Eggs are a great source of protein, and, as a mom,you might want your child (even egg hater) to eat egg in some form or the other. However, children get bored of the usual omelets, boiled eggs or scrambled eggs. We’ve got some interesting egg recipes that you can try, to get your babies excited. But before you go to the recipes, don’t you want to know why is egg important for your children?
Our Proparent blogger Priya Mankotia shares 3 original and delicious egg recipes for your babies, infants to enjoy. So, take a break from the usual omelettes, boiled or scrambled eggs – and welcome to a whole new way of cooking and eating eggs! Give those plain old boiled eggs a zesty street-food edge with egg chaat– read on for the following egg recipe.
Quick and Easy to Make Egg Recipes for Your Fussy Eater
Here are some interesting egg recipes for your picky toddler which you must try, to give your child a change from the usual
#1 Fun-filled French Toast Recipe
Want an easier, hassle-free version of pancakes? Try this French Toast recipe, and we guarantee that your child will be asking for more ! Check ingredients & method of preparation here.
|French Toast Ingredients||Quantity|
|Whole milk||2 tbsp|
|Cinnamon powder||1 Pinch|
|Vanilla extract||Few drips|
|Bread(a day old slightly dried)||4 Slices|
Method To Prepare Fun French Toast
- Break the egg in a bowl, and add the milk, sugar, cinnamon and vanilla extract
- Beat the mixture well
- Cut the bread into shapes that your child recognizes (stars, triangles, and diamonds?)
- Heat the pan and add some butter
- Dip the bread in the mixture and fry on the pan until golden brown on both sides
- Add bits of strawberry on top and serve!
#2 The Desi Fried Egg Recipe
Tried the regular fried egg, but failed to elicit a response? All it needs is some chatpata masala, and you’re set ! Get ingredients & method of preparation
|Desi Fried Egg Ingredients||Quantity|
|Large Finely Chopped Onion||1|
|Finely minced garlic||3 pods|
|Garam Masala||2 pinches|
|Coriander leaves (finely chopped)||As per taste|
|Salt||As per taste|
|Coriander Powder||1/4 Tbsp|
|Cumin Powder||1/4 tbsp|
|Pepper Powder||1/4 tbps|
Method To Prepare Desi Fried Egg
- Boil the eggs for about 10 minutes on a medium flame
- Once boiled and cool, remove the shell, and slit the eggs into long slices
- In a pan, heat some oil. Add the onions and garlic and fry well
- Add the masala powders, and fry
- Add some salt, a little water and then add the egg slices
- Cook for a few minutes, tossing once in between
- Garnish with coriander and serve!
#3 Eggs In A Tea Cup – A Microwave Recipe
Get some funky tea mugs out, and get cracking on this easy recipe a long with ingredients & method preparation !
|Egg in Cup Ingredients||Quantity|
|Microwave-safe tea mugs||2|
|Medium sized Eggs||2|
|Cheese (an use Cheddar or other)||2 tbsp|
|Whole Milk||2 tbsp|
|Minced garlic||1/4 Tbsp|
|finely chopped tomato||1 tbsp|
Method To Prepare Eggs In A Tea Cup – A Microwave Recipe
- Add the eggs, milk, tomato, garlic, cheese and salt in a bowl and whisk well
- Grease the inside of the tea mugs with some butter or cooking spray and pour in the egg mixture
- Set the Microwave on high and keep the mixture for 30 seconds. Remove, stir and again Microwave for a minute until you see the eggs puffed up
- Serve when it has cooled
Why Is Egg Important For Your Child?
Egg is a wonder food that is a powerhouse of essential nutrients and macro nutrients essential for your child’s growth. Here are the nutritional contents of a raw egg
|Eggs Nutritional Contents||Quantity|
|Total Fat||5.0 gm|
What are the Eggs Nutritional Facts
- Eggs are not only rich in proteins, they are also rich in Vitamin D, Vitamin B12 and other macro-nutrients like lutein and Zeaxanthin, which are essential to keep the retina healthy and vision sharp
- Eggs are a rich source of Choline, which helps in building cell membranes. An egg contains approximately 100 mcg of choline
- Other than fish, eggs are a rich source of Omega- 3 Fatty acids. So if you don’t eat fish and still want to include a diet rich of omega-3 Fatty acids then you can give egg to your child
How Many Eggs Should My Child Eat In A Day?
Usually one egg a day is sufficient for your growing child no matter what the age because the main drawback of eating more eggs daily is the high cholesterol levels in one egg. And doctors all over the world recommend no more than 300 milligrams of cholesterol for a growing child. One cooked egg has approximately 169 milligrams of cholesterol, so if the child eats more than one egg per day, he or she would exceed the recommended limit.
When Can I Start Giving Egg to My Child ?
Here are the suggestions for your question i.e. What is the Right Age to Start Giving Egg to My Child..
- Some doctors may advice to start egg yolk when your child is 8-months, it is advisable to avoid eggs before your child’s first birthday.
- In some cases, eggs and other non-vegetarian items are not introduced before the mundan of the child. So it is better to first consult your doctor and then discuss it with your family before you give egg to your child
- During the first few years, give your child a hard-boiled egg mashed properly or cut into tiny pieces that he can chew easily
- Keep in mind any family history of egg allergy. Consult your doctor if any of your close family members has an egg allergy
Considering what a super food the humble egg is, try to include it in your child’s diet at least 3 – 4 times a week. One egg in any form is all it takes!
Hope you liked our egg-cellent recipes! Do let us know if you have any interesting recipes to share with us, in the comments section !