Exam Time Snack Ideas For Your Child
Created by Urvashi Shah Updated on Feb 06, 2018
It is exam season already and your child must be trapped between exam preparations all day long. Juggling between examinations, preparations and catching up on a proper sleep, eating healthy foods become a secondary option for children.
As parents we often encourage our child to have healthy snacks as and when they manage to get some time between their preparations. We want our child to remain fit and healthy so he/she can concentrate better on the studies and score well.
Nourishing Snacks Options for Kids During Exam Days
So here are a few healthy snack ideas for your child that he/she can gorge on during examination times in order to stay healthy and avoid any sort of health issues.
- Cheese or egg toasts:Serve your child these bite sized toasts covered with thick melted cheese, and veggies or scrambled egg. And see them devouring it in no time. You can stir fry the veggies like capsicum and other bell peppers to add colour to the toast.
- Dosas and idlies:A complete meal in itself, dosa/idli are the snacks that are light and easy to digest and are filling and nutritious at the same time. Mini idlis are perfect snacking items that can be eaten either with tomato sauce or mint/coconut chutney. You can also go for stuffed idlis to add to the nutritious value. Opt for potato stuffing or roasted chickpeas stuffing and then prepare the mini idlis and serve them to your child. Use the same batter for both idli and dosa and serve variety to your child.
- Wraps, rolls and frankies:Serve your child healthy wraps, rolls or frankies in bite sized forms and see how your child will love it. Serve your child either a vegetable frankie, roll or wrap. Other ingredients to stuff in a wrap/roll/frankies can be hummus, lettuce, tomato and cucumbers wrapped in a whole wheat tortilla. Boiled potatoes mashed with tomatoes, roasted chickpeas, and boiled eggs are some of the stuffings your child will love.
- Fruit Smoothies: Your child may not like to eat fruits as such but present it to him/her in a fruit smoothies form and he/she will gulp it down in no time. You can go for chikoo smoothie, banana smoothie or even papaya smoothie. Packed with delicious fruits, veggies and milk, smoothie is one of the best exam time snack you can serve your child.
- Milkshakes with dry fruits: Dry fruits are the best option to go for as a form of healthy snack for your child while he/she is busy preparing for the tests. So ditch the traditional way of munching on them and go for milkshakes with dry fruits. You can serve banana milkshake with almond and dates. Similarly, you can serve other varieties of milkshakes with other dry fruits like pistachios, almonds, and cashew nuts along with almonds.
- Sandwiches to munch on: Keeping the snacking light, simple and yet filling, sandwich is the best food to opt for. Choose the stuffing your child loves ranging from vegetables to eggs, cottage cheese to boiled shredded chicken, and add different variety of sauces as per taste preferences.
Let your child munch on these snacks without a worry about missing a meal. As these snacks are small meals in themselves. They will be light on your child’s stomach, easy to digest, filling and quite nutritious. So what are you waiting for? Get going and start serving your child these healthy snacks so that he/she is alert while studying and crack the exams with flying colours.
| Feb 07, 2018
With PM Modi sharing tips for the students to deal with exam stress in his new book, 'Exam Warriors', ParentCircle brings you some valuable inputs from Dr Era Duttahttps://www.parentcircle.com/article/dealing-with-exam-stress/