Healthy Banana Bread Recipe For Your Child
Created by Huda Shaikh Updated on Mar 24, 2021
Banana bread can be a great snack option for your little one; however, the store-bought banana bread is prepared using refined flour, butter and oodles of sugar which makes it an extremely unhealthy snacking option. So to put it down simply avoid giving the packaged banana bread to your little one and rather try baking one for him/her. [Have a Try: What Should Be Infant's Weight Gain Diet?]
Delicious Banana Bread Recipe for 1-3 Aged Child
Here is a recipe which has nutrient-dense ingredients which I am sure your little one would relish. So let’s get started.
Bread Recipe Ingredients -
- 1 Cup Wheat flour
- ½ cup oats flour
- 3 Large bananas, ripe
- 5 dates
- 1 tbsp coconut oil/sunflower oil
- 1 ¼ Cup hung curd/greek yogurt
- 2 Whole eggs
- 1 Tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 Tsp vanilla essence
- 1 Tsp baking powder
- 1 Banana, for garnish
- 1 Tsp coconut oil for greasing
How to Prepare Banana Bread Recipe?
- Firstly pre-heat the oven to 175 C/350F
- Now blend together banana and dates to form a puree, slowly add in coconut oil/sunflower oil, yogurt, eggs, and vanilla essence. Stir well
- In a separate bowl mix flour, baking powder, oats flour and cinnamon powder. Sieve it well
- Mix the dry and wet ingredients together and fold in with the help of a spatula. No need to blend
- Grease a pan with coconut oil and pour in the mixture
- Bake for 40-45minutes and check with the help of a toothpick. If the toothpick comes out clean then your banana bread is ready
- You can serve it fresh with few banana slices on top or store it for breakfast/snack
If you notice the refined flour has been replaced with oats and wheat flour, butter with curd/yogurt and sugar with dates. So go ahead and feed healthy banana bread to your little one.
Did you like this "Delicious Banana Bread Recipe" blog? Did you find it useful? Please share your thought with us in the comments section below; we’d love to hear from you.