How to Ensure a 'Happy Child'?
Created by Dimple Postariya Bandiya Updated on Apr 21, 2021
When I held my little one I was quite happy to believe me, but then a few days later, I started having these not so good days. I just didn’t have time for myself or my hobbies. It made me feel bad and I was blaming everyone in the family including my ever-supportive husband and my innocent little baby. So what changed suddenly? No, it was not sudden, but yes, it was an incident that left a deep mark on my conscious as a mother and I was filled with guilt.
It so happened, one day I was in a grumpy mood (that had become a norm these days), and my son was being his naughty self. Despite my repeatedly saying no to him, he was throwing his toys and other things down from the balcony. After repeated warnings when he didn’t stop, I just couldn’t control my anger, went and slapped him hard on his cheek. But after slapping him I felt guilty and when I saw my fingers mark on his face I was filled with remorse.
8 Tips to Raise Happy Child
That night I couldn’t sleep properly and it was then I decided that I will be a good parent to my son and for that, I tried few things and today I will share those things with you as well.
1. Wake up early: Wake up early before the family rouses up for the day. I felt good when I get to spend some time with myself.
2. Do some exercise: Mornings are the best time to do some exercise as well and I mostly do prayanam in the morning, as it refreshes and energizes me for the day.
3. Prepare ahead: These days I prepare some food for my baby so when he wakes up I have something solid to give it to him. As once the baby wakes up, he can’t wait for his food.
4 Find some me-time: Find out what time of the day suits you best so that you can make that time me-time. Since I love painting so I spend at least 1 hour for this. Some days it is a little difficult as my little one is not in a mood to sleep then was not sleeping then I give him some crayons and a small drawing book then we both enjoy.
5. Meditate: Meditation helps you stay calm and see things in a calmer mind frame.
6. Think about your child: Whenever you are agitated think about your child and you will feel better. I always think that I m very lucky to have my son. It helps me to stay positive.
7. Prioritize your work: Make a timetable for your work and as far as possible try to stick to it but don’t fret if you miss a few things from it on a day-to-day basis.
8. Indulge in some DIY with your baby: Sometimes you can be downright silly with your baby and create some interesting stuff with him or her. It will strengthen your relationship and you both will feel good in the end.
Did you like the blog? Please do share some more ideas of having fun with your child in the comments section below.