Is Your Baby Teething? Here's how to soothe him
Created by Shikha Garg Updated on Mar 22, 2020
Teething marks another achievement of a developmental milestone in your baby. And though it is exciting for you as a parent to see the first tooth of your baby, your baby may or may not be quite comfortable during the teething process. S/he needs extra care during teething. This is the time when the doctor would suggest you to take care of their calcium and Vitamin D3 requirements. Also, along with teething comes a host of other problems such as constipation, loose motions, headache, stomach ache, gum pains, and lack of sleep among others.
Tips while Baby Teething :
1. To avoid constipation give ample of fluids to your child.
2. During loose motions, give mashed banana with curd.
3. Give them a head massage whenever you get time. You will notice whenever you press their head or give them a head massage they will feel relaxed and will become sleepy, which is good for them.
4. For gums care, take one teaspoon honey and give the gums a massage once a day (but check with your doctor on this)
5. Your child should sleep a lot during teething which makes them happy, energetic and minimises the pain
6. Give them body massage, especially legs and head massage which decreases pains and makes teething easier to tolerate.
7. Give Calcium and Vitamin D3 as per the doctor's prescription.
These are just suggestions and you may check with your doctor in case the child is in too much pain or is irritated.
| Aug 25, 2016
@ Archana naresh this is one of the most popular ways of helping infants deal with mouth soreness from teething is to let them chew on cold things such as Freezy cucumber, orange carrot. onion spring etc. But that also after completing six months. Because digestive enzymes does not develop before six months, baby would not be able to digest them before time. However, Water teether would be fine for baby.