Newborn baby care: What you must know...
Created by Akanksha Saket Mishra Updated on Jul 23, 2020
When I gave birth to my baby, I had so many questions too! But I learnt through trial and error – and most importantly–by having patience! My little one is 6 months now, and I would like to share what I have learnt as a new mommy, to help you take care of your new born….
- Give your baby a massage with olive oil every day, I did so twice a day, and then give them a bath after half an hour. This will help your baby relax and increase their weight.
- Green poop is normal, so please don’t worry! Babies who are breastfed almost always have a green stool - so relax mommies.
- Massage your baby's head gently, and you can also put breast milk on their head. Moisturising your baby after their bath is a must!
- Make your colicky baby lie down on their tummy as this helps give them a lot of relief.
- For teething troubles, massage your baby's gums gently with clean hands. Giving them a gentle head massage will also soothe them.
- Hygiene is extremely important, so be sure to clean your baby well during diaper changes, as this would help prevent diaper rash.
- Be careful not put too much powder on your baby’s skin as it blocks their tiny pores.
- For a cold or blocked nose – give your baby some gentle steam. Turn on the hot water in your shower and let it run for 5 minutes, keep the door closed. This will make your bathroom steam up. Take your baby inside with you and sit there for 10-15 minutes. This will reduce the dryness in the atmosphere and your baby will be able to breathe easily, as the steam will loosen the mucus stuck in their nose. I have tried this and it is really effective!
As with most new parents, I too learnt with time, patience and experience. So keep calm, and enjoy your time with your new baby!
Did you find Akanksha’s tips on taking care of your new born useful? How did/ do you take care of your new born baby? Do share your experiences and learning with us in the comments section below. We love hearing from you!
| Jul 17, 2017
List of activities performed by caregivers to ensure your newborn is handed over to you healthy. https://www.parentcircle.com/article/newborn-care-in-hospital/
| Aug 18, 2020
ATTENTION PLEASE!!! Am so glad expressing my profound gratitude to a man that is so concerned about other people's well being. I was suffering from (HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS TYPE II) over 2years, i have spent thousands of dollars in buying expensive drugs and visiting several hospitals in different countries, i was really in selvage pain "until" one glorious morning, i read about Dr. Kham on the internet on how he had helped and cured so many people suffering from HERPES 1$2, HPV, CANCER, HIV/AIDS, ALZHEIMER, FIBROID, ENLARGED PROSTATE and HEART DISEASE ETC. So I contacted him through this Email: dr. khamcaregiver@gmail. com and i shared my problems with him, he gave me the healing procedure and i followed them. Two weeks later after I received and used his product, he told me to go for a medical test, behold the result was negative, now am HERPES VIRUS free. I just want to use this platform to thank Dr. Kham for curing me from that deadly virus and also for exposing his herbal cure to the world at large, please you can as well contact him at his Email: dr. khamcaregiver@gmail. com (or) visit his website https://drkhamherbalhealingcenter.wordpress.com/ or https://drkhamcaregiver.wixsite.com/drkhamcaregiverherba you can also visit his Whatsapp at +2348159922297 for solutions to your health problems...