Nursery admissions form filling Guidelines
Created by Neetu Ralhan Updated on Jan 14, 2013
Every Parent wants what’s best for their child and nursery school admissions is no exception, where parents are trying their best to keep track of the form dates, to remember all the numerous documents that need to go with the form, to apply to multiple schools so their child gets a fair chance of admission in the best school.
Tips for efficient and effective filling of the Admission Form
1. It may help to photocopy the original form and fill the photocopy first to avoid errors in the
2. To avoid last minute rush, it might be convenient to arrange several photocopies of each document that is to be submitted along with the form.
3. It is advisable to keep a photocopy of the submitted form and a note of the documents
submitted to each school.
4. Filling both the online and offline forms does not ensure a higher chance of admission but may result in rejection of forms.
5. In the name section in most forms there is a separate column for the middle name of the child.
If the child does not have a middle name the section should be left blank.
6. Child’s age as on April 1, 2013: - Some forms may also ask for age as on April 1, 2014. Careful reading and calculation of the age may be the right way to go.
7. Incorrect zip code / pin code can create ambiguity about your residential location.
8. Mobile number - Mentioning the contact numbers that is easily reachable is advisable.
9. If you are submitting the form by post, parents need to follow the school’s guidelines. Most
schools accept only registered post.
Additional tips for online registration
1. The Demand Draft / Pay Order for the registration fee of Rs.25/- needs to be arranged prior to filling the registration form as one may need to mention details of the DD/PO in the online form.
2. The final scores are calculated automatically for online application; therefore it is imperative to fill all the details correctly.
3. It is advisable not to wait until the last day to apply as heavy traffic has been known to crash online servers.
4. Writing N/A for fields that are not applicable is advisable.
5. It is important to note down the registration number, which appears on your screen after form submission. Taking a printout is preferable.
Click to read about - 10 tips to prepare your child for the Nursery interaction
Click to read about - "The Elusive nursery seat"
Image source - Parentune archives
Some custom error
Some custom error