One TV Show You Let Your Child Watch
Created by Ankita A Talwar Updated on Apr 12, 2020
TV has become very much a reality of today’s parenting. However much we despise its affect on our children, it is a part of their lives. And let’s be honest...sometimes, we as parents, are the people responsible behind promoting it. After all, when you have something important to do, don’t we switch on the idiot box to entertain our child, while we finish our chores But before we get into TV bashing, there is also this aspect of it, that a part of TV is not all that bad. Some bits/shows on it can be watched by our children. In this thought, we asked our fellow parents, to share with us, one TV show they let their children watch. And here are the responses:
1) Discovery Kids—The channel is full of small entertaining shows for the children with a focus on a value/craft. Some of its popular shows are Maya the Bee and Mister Maker.
2) Chotta Bheem—Perhpas the biggest show for children in India. It shows the antics of good hearted and brave boy who always ensures that good wins over evil. Though innocent, the time has to be limited else children start thinking it is okay to throw punches around and kick others. Might inculcate violence and aggression in children.
3) Dora, the Explorer—the series captures the adventures of cute Dora who is fond of going off on trips with her pet Monkey. Through her journeys she has to solve puzzles, play games, or unravel riddles. The show involves children by giving a short gap in between where they can repeat a word or do some thinking. Educative in the sense that it expose children to language, rhymes, and some puzzles but also very addictive.
4) Mickey Mouse, Clubhouse—Our adorable Mickey and his equally adorable antics. This international symbol wants no introduction. It amuses children and adults alike. But with small children, it is advisable to guide them and tell them that it is not okay to run around in the house breaking furniture, or put fire to a dog house, or roll down a busy street in a car.
5) Scooby Doo—This lazy dog is a part of a bunch of teenagers who stumble upon mysteries and then solve them. This show is meant for slightly older children who can understand language and theme clearly.
6) Mister Maker—A great show for children and mothers alike! Children love to see new things getting created out of nothing while mothers will get an idea on how to keep their children occupied with a craft activity. Also, unlike a cartoon series it will not make a zombie out of a child.
7) Maya the Bee—A favourite show with most children, the how follows the antics of a cute bee called Maya who is helpful, kind, and mature. Children love it because of all the small insects they see in it.
Though these shows are better than the rest of the lot, we would still advise strict monitoring of both time and content for children.