Post Pregnancy Weight Loss Tips
Created by Prachi Prachi Updated on Feb 23, 2019
Losing weight post pregnancy can be a thorn on your side but believe me it is quite easy to lose that weight. Just follow these aftre pregnancy weight loss tips that I followed and came back to my pre-pregnancy weight. So here’s how you can start and gradually increase your exercise routine and include yoga as well.
Here our proparent Prachi shares some easy tips to help you lose that pregnancy weight.
How to Lose Weight after Pregnancy
- Walk as much as you can: Start with light walking once in a day gradually making it twice a day. Light paced walking for 30 minutes should be sufficient just post delivery
- Count your calories: While dieting is not advised it is better to keep a count on your calories intake, which should be around 1800 calories. Snack on fruits or seeds if you feel hungry not only will they help in better milk let down it will not add on to your calories
- Smart food choices: Switch to smart food choices like oats, brown rice, brown bread, soup, salads as they are healthy, filling and won’t add on extra calories on you
- Keep yourself well-hydrated: Increase your water intake as it helps in burning calories and a great way to keep skin healthy and tight
- Breastfeed exclusively: Breastfeeding helps in burning all the extra calories. So while it is helping you in losing your weight it is beneficial for your baby as well
- Massage helps: Massage your tummy with pure coconut oil or any good lotion at least twice a day it will help to tighten the skin and promotes good blood flow
- Stay positive: You took nine months to gain the weight you have now it will not go in a week or in a month’s time so relax, and keep a positive state of mind. Be happy and don’t lose hope
Postpartum Yoga: Some of the yoga poses that you can try are as follows-
- Bridge pose
- Cobra pose
- Child pose
- Tree pose
- Warrior pose
- Seated twist
Things to Keep in Mind while Losing Weight After Delivery
- Be patience & be positive
- Give time
- Belly binding
- Low fat diet
- Drink water
- Kegel exercise
Don't get disheartened if it takes longer to tighten your skin give yourself some time. Enjoy this phase of eating what u please in a healthy way and remember that you can always get back in shape.
Did you like the blog on after delivery weight loss? Share your views and feedback in the comments section below.
| Sep 28, 2019
Having read this is truly inspiring. Thanks for the tips. It is not too late if you have the means and determination. I'm really happy I found mmini. me/loseweighteffectively as this helped me a lot in my weight loss journey after pregnancy. I hope this will help others as well!