Psoriasis During Pregnancy : Causes, Signs & Cure
Created by Mansi Dubey Updated on Oct 05, 2020
Psoriasis is an autoimmune disease. Your skin develops red, itchy patches of abnormal disease. Areas such as back of your forearm, navel area, scalp etc. are the commonly affected areas. Psoriasis can occur during pregnancy or it can change a little if you already have Psoriasis. There’s no cure for Psoriasis, however, a good treatment can control the symptoms.
Causes Of Psoriasis
Genetic-If your family has a history with Psoriasis you are likely to get Psoriasis. Around 1/3 of people with Psoriasis has a family history with this immune disease
HIV-The rate of Psoriasis in HIV positive individual is more than in the individual without HIV
Lifestyle-Psoriasis can occur due to chronic infections, climate change, skin dryness, excessive alcohol consumption and smoking
Symptoms Of Psoriasis
- Raised area of inflamed skin covered in white scaly skin
- Nails turn thick, ridged, pitted and turns discoloured
- Red patches on the skin
- Itching or burning sensation in the affected area
Does Pregnancy Affect Psoriasis?Only in 10 to 20 % women, pregnancy can worsen the Psoriasis. However, while you’re pregnant, you have 40 % change of improvement in the condition of your Psoriasis. If you notice your condition getting worse consult your doctor to find the safest and best way to manage your symptoms during pregnancy.
Treatment During Psoriasis
- For moms-to-be whose Psoriasis involves not more than 5 to 10% of their body, topical remedies work the best. Just apply recommended lotions on the affected area to keep the skin moisturised
- If your Psoriasis is intense and topical remedies don’t work for you, you can go for UVB phototherapy
- Most pregnant women can be treated by topical remedies or light treatment but women with severe psoriasis might need to go on a medication for the better treatment. Remember not all medications are safe during pregnancy; your doctor would have to choose the safest and best option to treat your symptoms
- Stress is likely to worsen your Psoriasis level, /it’s always best to keep your stress level in check. A healthy lifestyle and balanced diet will help as well
It’s important to let your doctor know that you have Psoriasis or if you notice any symptoms of it while you’re pregnant. Timely action and proper treatment can help control your symptoms during pregnancy.
Did you like the blog? Did you find it useful? Please share your thoughts with us in the comments section below; we’d love to hear from you.
| Aug 18, 2020
ATTENTION PLEASE!!! Am so glad expressing my profound gratitude to a man that is so concerned about other people's well being. I was suffering from (HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS TYPE II) over 2years, i have spent thousands of dollars in buying expensive drugs and visiting several hospitals in different countries, i was really in selvage pain "until" one glorious morning, i read about Dr. Kham on the internet on how he had helped and cured so many people suffering from HERPES 1$2, HPV, CANCER, HIV/AIDS, ALZHEIMER, FIBROID, ENLARGED PROSTATE and HEART DISEASE ETC. So I contacted him through this Email: dr. khamcaregiver@gmail. com and i shared my problems with him, he gave me the healing procedure and i followed them. Two weeks later after I received and used his product, he told me to go for a medical test, behold the result was negative, now am HERPES VIRUS free. I just want to use this platform to thank Dr. Kham for curing me from that deadly virus and also for exposing his herbal cure to the world at large, please you can as well contact him at his Email: dr. khamcaregiver@gmail. com (or) visit his website https://drkhamherbalhealingcenter.wordpress.com/ or https://drkhamcaregiver.wixsite.com/drkhamcaregiverherba you can also visit his Whatsapp at +2348159922297 for solutions to your health problems...