Recipes Of Sabudana For Your Child
Created by Urvashi Shah Updated on Jul 17, 2018
Always a topic for debate, many parents argue that sabudana should not be given to children as it is often considered to be an unhealthy source of starch and carbohydrates. But, sabudana has the purest form of starch and carbohydrates, which is good for babies. Being rich in nutrients, it helps in babies physical development.
Sabudana is extracted from tapioca roots and is sieved in heavy pressure to form pearls of small sizes. Since tapioca itself is not known for its nutritious properties, Sabudana is the starch of tapioca, which would mean it hardly has nutrients, thus, making it an excellent food option for babies. So, if you are trying to introduce solid foods to your baby, sabudana is the perfect option to go with. Let us now grab a look at the benefits of sabudana for babies.
- Muscle growth: Sabudana is a good natural source of protein. Protein being deficient in many vegetarian babies, giving them sabudana will balance it out, which aids in developing muscle growth.
- Bone development: Sabudana has rich content of calcium, which is crucial for babies during their developing phase. Introducing sabudana to your baby will provide sufficient calcium, required for his/her healthy bone development.
- Blood circulation: The high levels of potassium in sabudana aids in functioning of the cardiovascular system. In short, proper blood flow and blood circulation will be ensured if sabudana is regularly given to your child.
- Weight gain: The richness of starch and carbohydrates in sabudana enables a baby to gain weight. If you think your baby is under-weight, giving sabudana is the best option, thus, making it a staple food for your baby.
- Regular digestion: Being a pure form of starch and carbohydrates, sabudana is easy to digest and also good for the digestive system. If your child suffers from constipation, feeding him/her sabudana will help him/her be at an ease.
- Regulate body temperature: Sabudana gives a cooling effect to the body as it regulates the temperature of the body.
- Cures hunger pangs: The carbohydrate content in Sabudana is so high that it keeps fatigue away and energy levels up. Sabudana can be digested easily but breaks into slow digestion, and a portion a day keeps the hunger away. This food is great for your child who can now eat healthy and yet remain content.
With so many amazing benefits that your baby can reap from sabudana, here are some easy to make recipes that you can feed your child as a healthy diet.
1. Sabudana kheer
- 1 cup Sabudana
- 2 cups milk
- 2-3 tbsp. jaggery
- Half tsp cardamom
- 1tsp ghee (optional))
- Half tsp raisins
Method- After preparing sabudana, add them to boiling milk with some water. Keep the flame low to avoid burning or curdling. Add cardamom and cook for a maximum of five to ten minutes. You can add raisins, ghee, and jaggery to enhance its taste.
2. Sabudana khichdi for babies
- 1 cup sago pearls
- A small boiled chopped potato
- A small boiled chopped carrot
- 1 tsp cumin seed
- A pinch of asafoetida
- 1 tablespoon ghee
Method- Prepare sabudana as mentioned in the above recipe. Take some ghee in a wok and add cumin seeds, let them splutter and add asafoetida. Later, add potatoes and carrots. Finally, add the translucent sabudana and sauté for a few minutes. Add little water if it’s too dry for the baby.
3. Sago porridge for babies
- 1 cup Sabudana
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tbsp. jaggery
- 1 tsp powdered almonds
- 1 tsp ghee (optional)
- A pinch of cardamom powder
Method- After preparing sabudana for cooking, add them to boiling milk, keep it on a low flame and stir for some time. Then turn off the flame and let it cool and add powdered almonds, cardamom powder, and jaggery to enhance its taste. You can also add ghee for garnishing.
Measurements can vary as per your taste. Although remember that sabudana absorbs water easily, so do not keep it over the gas for too long and serve when it is lukewarm or at room temperature. Sabudana is the perfect way to begin giving solid foods to your baby. If your baby enjoys having sabudana, you will surely come up with a lot many ways to create different recipes for your child.
| Aug 01, 2018
Superb info and awesome recioe
| Jul 31, 2018
sj smvnàvvcgfdffddddddesssssssssesweeawmmw2we cc ckihhggtgtttweeeee
| Jul 25, 2018
| Jul 24, 2018
| Jul 23, 2018
very useful recipes
| Jul 23, 2018
| Jul 18, 2018
| Jul 17, 2018
very useful information