5 Must Know Facts When Baby Starts Kicking
Created by Ridhi Doomra Updated on Mar 22, 2021
For a pregnant woman, it’s a special feeling to experience the baby kicking. While it definitely indicates that your child has reached a new milestone, it also indicates that your journey has reached a new level. For most of the new parents, its a moment of anxiety and curiosity and they really want to decipher the scientific part of it. What is important to understand is that these kicks often are associated with the symptoms which determine the health of the fetus inside the mother's womb. Also, some times as first-time mothers we also confuse between cramping and bowel movements with kicks.
Facts Around Baby Kicking During Pregnancy
Kicks Indicate Good Development & Health: A healthy baby kicks between 15 to 20 times a day. Reduced fetal movements can be concerning because it might mean that the foetus is not getting sufficient nutrition or oxygen. Immediately see the doctor.
- ParentuneTip: Reduced kicks might not always indicate trouble. Sometimes babies also rest as long as 40 to 50 minutes. Also after the 36th week of pregnancy, there might be reduced foetal movement, due to less availability of space. Hence don't panic and consult your doctor.
- All Movements Aren't Kicking: Not all movements you feel is kicking. Babies spend plenty of time moving their hands and exploring the uterus, changing sides, hiccuping etc. Babies are busy you know! Hence try and not confuse cramps and bowel movements with kicks. [Also Read: Is It Safe To Take Lexapro During pregnancy?]
- The kicks are more in response to your environment: Usually, babies will kick more after a meal. Within the womb, they try to stretch their limbs to relax or move, and hence you feel the kicking. A baby might also move or kick in response to external stimuli like sound, light or even food you’re eating.
- Babies Start Kicking as Early as 9 weeks: Kicking that starts after nine weeks is only picked up by an ultrasound; a mother can sense movement after 18 to 19 weeks.
- Babies kick when you sleep on the left side: When an expecting mother lies on her left, it boosts the blood supply to the fetus. As a result, there is an improvement in the baby’s movements, and you experience an increase in kicking.
We know there’s no better feeling than the movement of life inside you! What happened when you felt your baby kick for the first time? Let us know in the comments below.
| Apr 20, 2017
it really a very good moment to feel the baby movements .In the initial stage of my second trimester I didn't even know about it even my doctor asked whether I m experiencing any movement or not . this question worried me a bit as I don't know about the baby movements but later on when I read the comments of other here .I start recognising the baby movements .I really it is a wonderful experience to feel the movement specially in the night .
| Jul 22, 2017
Hi it's really amazing experience for expecting mom ....I daily enjoying with my coming baby,my baby kick's me lot and it moving ...when it start to move know that time I get laughed..... this is really a very happiest journey in every women life..... I am very curious and waiting for my baby come out... I love my baby lotttttttt.
| Mar 28, 2019
Your fertility herbal supplement/Pregnancy spell has brought solution to my fears and worries at last. I am going to refer people to you and I heard your website will be ready soon and l hope that women out there who are going through the same fears and worries l went through in GETTING PREGNANT after 8 years of marriage, will find your contact as i drop it here on this site, and solution will come to them as they contact you. Thank you and God bless you to reach him email via: babaka. wolf@gmail. com or Facebook at priest. babaka
| Mar 26, 2020
Hello everyone, I am from Wembley, Britain. I want to write this testimony to tell others and thank Dr. Odunga for what he has done for me. The first 12 years of my marriage I have had 5 miscarriages and i was called all sort of names by my mother-in-law and this made my marriage life very hectic and a burden of sorrow. I contacted Dr. Odunga for help and i will say that he is a very strong and honest man and he indeed helped me solve my problem. I saw his email in a testimony and i contacted him, little did i know it would be the end of all my problems. After 2 days of contact, I received a fertility herb and he told me to use it. The herb worked and my husband even loved me more and bought me expensive things. One afternoon, I went to a nearby hospital and came back home with the positive result of my pregnancy and after 9 months i gave birth to a baby boy. Ever since i contacted Dr. Odunga, my story has been different. I have 3 children at present and I am very happy in my marriage. Please, contact him at odungaspelltemple@gmail. com OR Whats App him +2348167159012 to help you too
| Sep 13, 2020
Choosing the name of baby is a very important task for every parent, found this video which has latest Indian Baby boy names, it will be helpful for every prospective parents - Top 15 Trendy Indian Baby Boy Names | भारतीय बच्चों के हिंदी नाम | 2020 https://youtu.be/pwyhHr0clYA