Kindergarten: Why is it important for your child?
Created by Ritu Ghai Updated on Apr 25, 2020
Considering that a child’s brain grows till they’re 5 years old, these kindergarten years are indeed important and undoubtedly, you need to choose the right kindergarten because it has an important role to play in your child’s development. After all, the relevance of these formative years cannot be denied when the child grows mentally, physically and emotionally.
With a bevy of schools available in cities today, parents are under a lot of pressure to find the right one for their child. Full-time management executive Arpita Kumar is stressed these days to find the right kindergarten school for her daughter, who turns 3 this year. “I have been doing lot of research lately,” she says,“taking school tours and asking parents around. Afterall, it’s a question of my daughter’s development and nothing better than a good kindergarten where she can learn and grow”.
Like Arpita, all parents are eager to seek the best school for their toddler. Reasons are aplenty. Take a look below:
- Learning their ABC’s starts in kindergarten. It is here that the child learns new things and is introduced to a formal school system
- Kindergartens are structured yet informal learning zones that cater to a child’s individual social and academic needs. They teach a child how to separate from their mother and spend a few hours away from home
- Children develop their social and educational skills here. It isa place where they become more independent, with activities like opening their tiffin and eating on their own. It instils a sense of self
- KG teaches them how to play together with friends, adapt to and share with other fellow students, and also learn some pertinent behaviour skills like focus and controlling their temper. They become more social and open to team playing
- Forming relationships outside of the family, exchange of thoughts, development of communication skills and eagerness to learn new things every day are some of the most important takeaways from kindergarten
- Their language skills are greatly enhanced as they learn new words almost daily. Fine motor skills are also developed as they sing, dance and perform on the school stage
- KG nurtures a child’s creativity by making them usetheir imagination.Children often ask questions like,‘why is the sky blue’ or ‘why is the grass green?’ Exploring more about the world around them, seeking answers, telling stories, making friends and even dressing up to look good are some important things children grasp during their kindergarten years.
Make sure you do your research and find the right school for your little one. But also make sure your child is ready for kindergarten. Here are some signs that your angel is ready:
1.They must be able to sit still for some time
2.Should be able teachers about their toilet needs
3.Should show an interest in learning
4.Should be emotionally mature enough to handle separation from the house
Which preschool did your child go to? What was their experience like? Tell us in the comments below!
| Apr 21, 2017
thanks Ritu Ghai for sharing this wonderful piece of write up. I completely agree with u on the importance of kindergarten and the reasons u gave are quite valid. coming to my own personal experience I had a terrible time for one year when my lil one had to go through this experience. nowadays we have big brands with franchises who completely fail to deliver what they promise. thanks again for sharing this useful Blog.
Top Education and Learning Blogs
Top Education and Learning Talks
Top Education and Learning question