About Gripe water

Ilavarasi Thirugnanam

Updated on Dec 23, 2016

Please explain why do we give gripe water to baby. And also the frequency of its usage . ..

• 7
Kamei Peimila

Most of the doctors nowadays do not suggest Gripe water as it has alcohol content. try ayurvedic drops... Himalaya Bonnisan. it works really well. your lo with release gas.. all the best.

Sugam Jain

Gripe water is basically to ease the gas. I have given for three months and also discussed with pedestrian. I have given 1. 5 ml in the afternoon time. It helped for me . Now I am giving colic aid drops if my baby is gassy

Kalaivani R

even I did not give gripe water to my baby though my elders insisted. my doctor gave neopeptine drops when my baby has digestion or constipation prob. it may vary child to child better to consult with paediatrician on this

Smitha

You can use himalaya bossain also

Hema Jayaprakash Narayanan

Even my doctor advised not to give. However my mother insists to give as my7 month old vomits at times which smells sour. Is there any alternative thing for indigestion.

Smitha

gripe water contains alcohol so should not bd given to babies. use colic acid drops

Shreya Rajvanshi

In earlier days gripe water was given to ease the gas in the stomach of the babies. But these days gripe water is not given to the babies. Doctors only tell us to avoid giving it.