Spitting milk

Rekha Mangla

My baby boy is 3 months old.. the problem i am facing is tht he spits out almost entire milk within 5-10 minutes of feeding... due to which his weight has not been increasing much.. wht shld i do, pls suggest..

• 32
Anita Choudhary

its common till 4 months of baby.... try more for burp after feedng. its works

Nasreen R Shaikh

dear bulqees bilal,u told dat baby powder should not b applied near neck n chest area,may i know d reason pls

Saranya Saru

ya it's common once u feed baby shud burb nd if u get natural honey u can apply little bit of honey in baby tongue it can reduce spitting

Pooja Kapoor

make burping time prolonged say 15 to 20 min after feeding

Rekha B Rekha

my baby is 1 year old, she will not having food properly,wat i can do?

bilqees bilal

my baby had the same problem and it's the most common problems among infants. the main cause is not burping well so u try to make her burp well but besides this excessive feed is also a cause. feed little amount but after 1 hour of gap. and do not use any baby powder around neck n chest area. u can wipe ur baby and let dry near neck. may God bless ur child.

RajendraMaiya Gundmi

once your baby is done with feeding make sure u burb ur baby with out fail. it might take little long at times

Sarita Satheesan

hi phajaton ningombam. my babies had this issue till 3-4 mnths... it's a common issue with babies.

pih ningombam

Hi sarita satheesan ,my baby too had the same issue. He is 2,1/2 months old. Wen did it get resolve in case of ur baby?

Sarita Satheesan

my babies too had this issue. but now it's OK. I used to burb then before, in-between and after feeding. now they overcome the issue

Bhanu Sharma

My baby had the same issue when he was 3 to 4 months old. Slowly it get well. No need to worry. In the middle of feed make the baby burp first and then let baby finish rest....

santhoshini chandra

Hi rekha.. my 6 month baby girl has also the same problem. She spits out almost entire milk when she rolls out. We burp her atleast 15 minutes after feed. In ur case, better consult ur peadc..

SMRUTHI THOTA

No around 4 months their digestive system gets better. And they grow out of it. Just be patient for a few more weeks

pih ningombam

Is she having the issue till now? My baby too is facing it since 1month old, she is now 2 and half months. Don't know when it will be over

SMRUTHI THOTA

My baby had that issue around 2. 5 months old. now she is 7 months

pih ningombam

How old is ur baby, smruti thota

SMRUTHI THOTA

Two things are extremely important. 1. Baby is spitting the entire milk. Then you need to take your baby to the pediatrician. 2. If it's just some milk. Then burp well. And then lay your baby down. My daughter had the same issue with burping. I'll tell you a technique that helped. Make your baby sit sideays on your lap. With feet dangling down. And rock the baby with your hands. one hand in the front one in the back and sway the such that their stomach crunches. That's what gets the burp out.

Faiza

my 5 month old baby gal does same . she was diagnosed with acid reflux/ GERD . due to which milk comes out reverse . she is given medicines before n after milk . she should b made to sit n drink milk n even burped twice n should b made to sit 15mins after milk . her sleeping position is also some what slanted . these tips r helping to some extent . do try it

APARNA

how many times can we feed a 7 months old baby and which type of food should be given

Gaurav Khanna

consult dr if baby is not gaining weight

Zareen Ansar

make him burp properly... m sure it will work

B N Prathima

hi, it's common but usuallyafter feeding make sure that baby should burp and should not allow him to sleep on stomach

Anchal Bhardwaj

m also facing same problem my baby is 6 month old and is on cow milk

Anonymous Dad

burping sideways may help!

Ayesha

Hi frnd... me too faced the same prblm but now its all okey Doctors say its normal till 6 mnths to 1 year no need to worry.

pih ningombam

My baby has the same problem of spitting immediately and long after feeding, with burping. My pediatrician said it will get resolve after 3 months gradually. If spitting is projectile, the upper part of tummy is hard and elevated than rest of the tummy part then it may be due to sum underlying problem, consult a doctor.

Dharani Kumar

you can avoid for first 3-4 months... you have aft tat

Rekha Mangla

Thanks dharani, this will help alot... i take curd on daily basis shall i avoid it?

Dharani Kumar

if splitting immediately, tat could be extra intake of milk or they use to split out if they can't hold the amount of suckled milk when it's overflowing... splitting even after burped, check if it's curdled milk it's digested one so no worries also you need to take care of ur diet... milk splitting can also due to like having over fermented flour for idly dosa or having old foods like morning cooked food for dinner, dinner food for next day morning

Rekha Mangla

Thanks dharani but my son spits out milk even after 1 hour of taking burp or sometimes immediately after feeding..

Dharani Kumar

Hi Rekha & Gitashree.... are you guys letting ur babies to get burped after every feed? if not, pls do this... don't lay ur babies on bed or mat immediately after feed, keep her on your shoulder for a while, let her burped & make her to lay down... so tat splitting milk can be avoided

Gitashree Dutta

my baby is 5 months old and he spits milk frequently. is it a common problem for all babies . please suggest.