start up food for a baby

Ankita Tekriwal

Updated on Dec 14, 2016

my baby is soon going to complete her 6th month birthday and I am planning to introduce her to solid food other than breastmilk after that.... what should I give in starting.

• 8
Neethu Sreenath

hi sravani , I am not sure you will get it outside kerala. . plz check whether it's available at organic shops where you reside. thanks

Neethu Sreenath

hi narmada , you are most welcome. preparation of raggi as follows.. mix raggi powder with water and a Lil jaggery for sweetness. Cook it in low flame by continuously stirring it till it reaches the consistency we need. then to half a spoon boiled water mix naan pro and finally mix altogether and can give it to baby. better to increase the consistency slowly. also good if u add a Lil wheat to compensate the coldness of ragi. hope you find it useful.

Sravani

i started with raggi javva made using water . and home made cerelac made out of almonds, rice , sabbudana, green moongdal , omma .......

Sravani

hi neethu where do we get that banana dried powder and how to prepare and feed it

Narmada Ravi

thnx Neethu... can you pls tell me how to prepare ragi which will be feed to baby

Neethu Sreenath

hi.. u can start with ragi Which I have done for my baby. but it's better to add a Lil wheat in it coz ragi Is Cold and wheat will compensate that especially during this cold climate. kunnamvazhakka powder is really good too [it's a special kind of banana taken raw ,dried and powdered].. hope this is an useful info.

Kanchan Virendra

My LO too

Narmada Ravi

even my baby too... pls let me know as well the starting food

Top Health and Wellness Blogs