Worried about my baby

Varsha Prashanth

Hi all, my son is 7 months old. He is almost 10 kgs (22pounds). He turns on his stomach and rotates all around and also he crawls backward but doesn't crawl forward. I have tried everything from keeping a toy and make him come forward he lunges forward to grab it but wont crawl. He sits with support and still can't sit on his own. I saw few articles and videos where babies sits on their own and eats on their own. I am freaking out. Has anyone gone through this. Pls help

• 7

Do read both articles.

Renuka M

Also don't be carrying your kid all the time or in walker. let him spend maximum of his time of floor, so that he can try and explore new things.

Renuka M

Hi Varsha.. First of all there is no reason to freak out just because your son is not crawling forward. It very normal and every kid take their own time to reach their milestone. Something they may even skip some and directly start standing alone with help of support. My son, when he was 7 months old also faced same problem. He used to put his maximum effort to crawl forward and reach the toys but he used to landing in moving backward. Which made him irritated and he used to start crying. But gradually in end of 8th month he started to stand with help of furniture and gradually he started to crawl with full speed. My suggestion is give little more time to your baby and don't panic.

Lakshmi Kapoor Verma

My daughter Aria is the same age as your son and she started slithering ( crawling using her elbows ) only last week .. She still can't sit in her own and need support .. My point is just relax! Our babies are doing just fine :) every child has her /his own time of teaching these growth milestones .. So not to worry that your child is lagging behind ... In order to facilitate crawling pls let your baby be on the floor and give him ample tummy time in the day .. This will help them control and find new motor skills .. Also make him sit with support to teach sitting .. All the best :)

Mehak

Hi Varsha Prashanth its really normal to crawl backwards, most of the babies don't crawl forward initially. All babies are different and have different capabilities so just encourage your child to sit and crawl. More you try better the results.

Always move head while sleeping at night

My 2 months old daughter moving her head left right during spleeping at night mo..

constipation problem

my boy always face constipation problem

soap

best baby soap plz suggest

green color poop

my baby is 25 days old ..she is pooping green ...is ther anything wrong wid that

Food other than breastfeed

My doctor said that I can give curd to my child after 5 month and banana after 5..

baby's weight

hi i have 5 months and 15 days old baby girl... now her weight is only 5. 3 kg....

teething

my 6month old seems to be teething. he feels too much of irritation in gums and..