Homemade Lemonade Recipe to Keep Child Dehydrated in Summer
Created by Priya Mankotia Updated on Jun 14, 2019
Your child’s summer holidays are here, and so are your worries about keeping her dehydrated. What is the easiest way to keep your child hydrated this summer? She always forgets to drink water, or she doesn’t want to have plain water, and one fine day she told me she’s bored with lemonade as well. She was demanding fizzy drinks which I’m totally against. So I decided to take matters into my own hands. I started trying new drinks which include lemonade or drinks with lemon (it builds immunity).
Homemade Lemonade Recipes for Summers
Here are some easy peasy, tried and tested drinks that will help taste great and keep your child dehydrated. Just follow any of these quick, easy recipes that all include lemonade or drinks with lemon in them by our pro-parent blogger Priya Mankotia. Read on…
#1. Khus Lemon Drink
(makes 2 glasses; this is my daughter’s favorite)
- Khus-Khus Syrup, 2 tbsp
- Half a lemon
- 2 glasses of water
- Pomegranate seeds to garnish
- Ice cubes
- In a bowl, add water and the khus-khus syrup and mix well.
- Squeeze the lemon in, and mix.
- Add in the ice cubes, garnish it with pomegranate seeds and serve
#Parentune Tip: You can even add some soda once in a while.
#2. Cucumber & Lemon Drink
- 1 & 1/2 cups roughly chopped cucumber
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp finely chopped mint leaves (pudina)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups chilled Sprite
- Blend the cucumber in the mixer, without using any water, until smooth
- Strain the mixture using a strainer in a deep bowl
- Add the lemon juice, mint leaves, salt, and Sprite and mix well
- Pour the drink into 3 individual glasses and serve immediately
#3. All Rounder: Orange, Pineapple and Lemonade Drink
- 3/4 cup chilled ready-made orange juice
- 3/4 cup chilled ready-made pineapple juice
- 1 1/2 cups chilled lemonade
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and mix well
- Pour equal quantities into 3 individual glasses
- Serve immediately
- 1 tbsp strawberry crushed
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp finely chopped mixed fruits (apple and pear)
- 1 cup lemonade or any aerated lemony drink
- Put the strawberry crush and lemon juice in a tall glass
- Add the mixed fruits
- Pour the lemonade over it, stir well and serve immediately
#5. Ginger Litchi Lemonade
- 1/2 cup ginger (minced)
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- Ice cubes
- 1 glass lychee juice
- 1 cup grapes
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- Mint leaves
- Pinch of salt
- In a jar, put minced ginger, lemon juice, and lychee juice
- Add some ice, salt to taste and blend it well
- Add sliced grapes and chia seeds, and mix it well
- Finally, garnish it with some mint leaves and serve chilled
#6. Mango Lemonade
- 500 gms mangoes
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 2 tbsp finely chopped mint leaves
- 3 cups of water
- Peel the mango and take out the pulp
- In a mixer add the pulp, sugar, lemon juice, and salt
- Grind it well and sieve it
- Add in the water, and mix well.
- Pour into glasses, garnish with mint leaves and serve chilled
#ParentuneTip: Instead of the juice of lemons, if you have lemonade, add 3 tbsp. You won’t need to add sugar then.
Basic Lemonade Recipe
- Bring 1 cup of water to a boil in a medium-sized saucepan
- Turn off the heat and add sugar, stirring until it's dissolved
- Pour it into a large pitcher, stirring in 2 cups of lemon juice and up to a gallon of cold water, adding the water gradually until it gets to the level of sweetness you prefer.
Do you have any quick, go-to hydrating recipes for the summer? Do share them with us in the comments below!
| Dec 07, 2019
Hi odunayo patricia ! Yes do try all of them. Even you will like them all. Before giving to my baby I tasted them. Really all are yummy.
| Dec 07, 2019
Will definitely try these recipes for my baby who will be six months soon.. thank you
| Jun 05, 2017
| May 16, 2017
amazing coolers... Good for all age categories. Thanks for sharing..
| May 15, 2017
Thank you.. keep writing your feedback and do follow our recipe blogs.. :)
| May 11, 2017
my baby like the cindrella
| May 09, 2017
I like all recipe.
| May 08, 2017
Top Food and Nutrition Blogs
Top Food and Nutrition Talks
Top Food and Nutrition question